Région de Mégantic «Uninhibited Outdoor!»
Where to sleep?
- where to sleep?
- vanlife region of mégantic
Vanlife Region of Mégantic
Not escaping the new Vanlife phenomenon, the Mégantic region and its famous Route des Sommets were taken by storm! If the vanlifeur experience is different from one person to another, the reaction of surprise was also very different from one citizen of Granit to another, and even from one tourist actor to another! Understanding the sudden interest in the various rest stops, it was necessary to grasp the situation and respond to this new demand!
It is thus, with respect for its tourism stakeholders, the environment and, to a greater extent, sustainable development, that the Mégantic Region destination informs you and offers you accommodation, paid or not, services , attractions and even gourmet restaurants if needed!
Main discovery and accommodation sites in the Mégantic region:
- Mégantic Region Tourism (what to do, where to stay, where to eat, events)
- Route des Sommets (tourist route, summits, lakes, starry sky, routes)
- Mégantic 360 region (discovery of municipalities in virtual reality)
- Main places of accommodation (members)
Mapped sites of free parking places:
- iOverlander (services, RV rest stops)
- Terego (VR stops at local producers)
Locations for vanlife overnight stays (subject to change without notice)
- Courcelles: authorization at the village rest area and at the church parking lot (near the Bernier mill)
- Frontenac: tolerance at the roadside rest stop facing the Lac-Mégantic golf club
- Lac-Mégantic: pilot project authorization in the city hall parking lot to the south (see road signs) and tolerance in the Wal-Mart parking lot
- Lambton: parking permit at the Community and Sports Center (213, rue de l'Aréna, Lambton)
- Notre-Dame-des-Bois: tolerance at the rest area east of the village and at the arena (authorizations to come)
- Ste-Cécile-de-Whitton: authorization at Relais Country (1084, Route 263, Ste-Cécile-de-Whitton)
- St-Robert-Bellarmin: authorization at the municipal parking lot located 12 km from the village (140, chemin du Club, St-Robert-Bellarmin) and reserved for hikers on Mont Bélanger
Instructions for using the sites
- Priority given to the instructions on the panels on the sites
- Availability of the premises from 6 p.m. to 8 a.m. (or according to indications on site)
- Curfew from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. (or as indicated on site)
- Motorhomes (classes A, B or C) of 28 feet or less (or as indicated on site)
- Caravans (trailers) of 21 feet or less (or as indicated on site)
- Good conduct at all times
- No fire except in authorized places (barbecues)
- Garbage, recycling and compost where indicated
- Wastewater at the nearest dump station: 5 stations in the MRC du Granit on iOverlander
- Animals on a leash and collection of excrement
- No generator
- No drugs or alcoholic beverages
- No commercial activities
Here are some relevant articles on the Mégantic Region destination and how to use the vanlifeur:
- How to use vanlifer (french)
Thank you for protecting the Méganticois ecosystem and encouraging our local producers, enjoy your stay in the region!