** Please note that the territory is closed to hikers during moose hunting season. Therefore, the territory will be open during Thanksgiving Day (Canada).
The yet little known territory of the Forêt habitée du Mont-Gosford is a magnificent wilderness site that is only a few hours from urban centers. This large territory is the host of one of the highest summit of southern Quebec (1 193m). Open year-round the site offers 40 km of hiking trails, 47 km of bicycle trails on forest roads, six (6) quality huts, camping platforms, 3-sided shelters and an observation tower at the top of Mount Gosford that provides you a breathtaking 360º panoramic view… and much more! Bring your pet, leashed dogs are allowed.
Open: year-round (except during the two weeks of moose hunting season)
Spring, summer and fall activities :
- Hiking (40 km)
- Cycling on forest roads (47 km) and mountain biking (8.5 km currently closed)
- Ornithology (housing sectors Bicknell's Thrush
- Fishing in streams and river
- ATV on forest roads
- Rustic Camping
Winter activities :
- Snowshoeing (40 km)
- Cross-country skiing
- Défi de la Gosford Axion: ace hitch dog sleds
- Wildlife observation
- The information center is 6 km from Trail #1 that leads to the summit of Mount Gosford.
Huts and rustic camps
- The 6 huts and rustic camps can accomodate 8 to 12 people. Click here for more information on Mont Gosford huts and rustic camps