** Please note that the territory is closed to hikers during moose hunting. Therefore, the terrisory will be open during Thanksgiving Day (Canada).
The yet little known territory of the Forêt habitée du Mont-Gosford is a magnificent, natural place, at only a few hours from urban centres. This vast wilderness embraces the highest summit (1,193 m) of southern Quebec. Open year-round, 40 km of hiking trails, 47 km of bicyle on forest roads, 6 quality huts, camping platforms, 3-sided shelters and an observation tower at the top of Mount Gosford that provides you a breathtaking 360º panoramic view… and much more! Bring your pet, leashed dogs allowed.
Open: year-round (except during the two weeks of moose hunting)
Activities spring, summer and fall:
- Hiking 40 km
- Cycling on forest roads (47 km) and mountain biking (8.5 km currently closed)
- Ornithology (housing sectors Bicknell's Thrush
- Fishing in streams and river
- ATV on forest roads
- Rustic Camping
- Snowshoeing (40 km)
- Cross-country skiing
- Défi de la Gosford Axion: ace hitch dog sleds
- Wildlife observation
- The welcome centre is 6 km from Trail #1 that leads to the summit of Mount Gosford.
Huts and rustic camps
- The 6 huts and rustic camps can accomodate 8 to 12 people. Click on the link below for more information on: Mont Gosford huts Mont Gosford rustic camps